Terms and Conditions
Website Design and Development
1. We will design a web site for you in accordance with the details as agreed during the initial meeting between ourselves. It is important that you consider carefully your right to use material you wish to place on the web site such as images. You are responsible for obtaining all consents and permissions in relation to the use of all materials you supply to us for use in the web site. You shall also be responsible for complying with all relevant legislation and regulations in relation to the website design and the content and the on-going use of and access to the web site including but not limited to the data protection regulations. You shall be responsible for ensuring none of the material you supply to us is defamatory, indecent or in breach of copyright and
you will thus indemnify us against all and/or any losses incurred by us in relation to the use of such materials or arising out of our providing the services to your specific requirements and/or instructions.
2. The performance of our work in relation to the web site is subject to you providing all materials which include text, graphics, photographs and any other content you wish to place on your website. You must agree to provide the material promptly and accurately and will nominate a contact for us to deal with, upon the commencement of your site design.
3. Whilst we use our best endeavours to ensure the site can be viewed across a spectrum of available World Wide Web platforms or viewers we currently design sites to a specification to be viewed by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Explorer and Safari. All our designs, are in accordance with W3C Standards, however we do not validate unless an agreement is in place for this extra service, Browser manufacturers published data, Good/Common Practice and it is understood our design is liable to alteration to reflect changes in such standards and practice.
4. On completion of the website/project you will accept responsibility for the management and maintenance of the website
unless a maintenance arrangement has previously been agreed between us. From the date of handover you will have a time period of up to 30 working days to report any minor defects. Design Quest (DQ Creative) will correct these minor defects within this reasonable timescale. Prior to the site being 'going live', payment must have been received in full.
1. Design Quest (DQ Creative) has the right to terminate or suspend an account immediately if the website content is in breach of any racists, pornographic or harmful content.
2. If appropriate, we reserve the right at our sole discretion, to elect to suspend any or all of the services in the circumstances of the missus of your site by adding inappropriate content, or undertaking any terrorist activities upon your site.
3. If at any point during the website development cycle a client wishes to terminate a contract, they may do so, but,
will be invoiced an amount that Design Quest (DQ Creative) judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
4. If you would like to move your domain and or website away from Design Quest (DQ Creative) within 12 months of initial
contract there will be an early transfer fee of £200.00 for the design material and database files. Transfer of the site after the initial 12-month contract will be charged at £80.00 to cover administration cost.
Registration of Domain Names
Where we register domain names on your behalf (whether directly or by using any service provider), this is subject to the following conditions:-
1. Whilst Design Quest (DQ Creative) may offer some guidance on the availability of domain names at a given point in time the confirmation of all domain names is entirely your responsibility and we accept no liability for infringement of third party rights through your selection and use of such names. You warrant that you are entitled to use all names selected by you and will indemnify us in this report.
2. You will comply with all the relevant terms and conditions of the relevant domain name registration companies and
registries. Please note that we cannot guarantee that any name requested will be available or approved for use.
Where we provide the hosting services to you in relation to your web site, we endeavour to maintain an ‘up-time’ of 99.9%. If your site becomes unavailable, at any time please let us know. We do not accept responsibility for down time if the server location has been affected by the acts of God, i.e. floods, earthquakes or acts of terrorism.
Terms of Payment
Website Design and Development
1. A deposit of 50% is required for Bespoke websites and 100% for Premium style-sheet websites, before any work is carried out on your project. You will have a 7-day cooling-off time where you will be able cancel the development and receive a full refund. After 7 days the deposit is non refundable.
2. The remaining 50% of the total cost will be due strictly within 7 days of the site being launched 'live' and final payment in full is required.
Should the outstanding invoice not be paid within the defined credit period a 3% interest charge per month will be added to the total outstanding debt.
Failure to make payment within 30 days of the invoice date will result in your website being taken offline until payment is received in full. A reconnection charge of £50.00 will also apply.
Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £35.00 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
3. Domain Name Registration and Hosting Services.
All domain names registered shall be paid in full in advance. Design Quest (DQ Creative) will not undertake to register any domain name until appropriate payment has been made.
Website Completion Design Quest (DQ Creative) will complete your site on or as close to the date specified at the beginning of the contract. If there is no date specified we will complete your site, and notify you accordingly.
If you have not supplied Design Quest (DQ Creative) with information / content for your website in order for us to
complete the website within a specified period, we will stop work on your site and issue an invoice for work done if in excess of the 50 % deposit paid at the commencement of the contract.
You are to provide content for your website, as soon as possible, at the start of the contract. Content will be supplied to us either on a CD, electronic transfer such as Dropbox or via email with the text in Microsoft Word document format. You will ensure that we have all the correct information to place on your website, as this will ensure that your website will be completed on time.
Failure to provide content and information to assist us to complete your site, may mean that your website cannot be finished. You will have up to 14 days from the beginning of the contract to supply us with all the information we need to complete your website.